Saturday, December 26, 2009

Been busy....

Boxing Day am - about to get ready to go for a run with Trevor. Been slammed lately with skiing, running, and some biking. Oh yah - work and family too.....

So I finally purchased a Hero HD camera. Helmet, chest, gluteus maximus - you name it - you can mount it. So Jaegan & I christened it with a very dark Knox to McKinley and back mtn bike ride 12-11-09.
40 kms of fun - I was pumped on how the video was going to turn out - wow was it dark.....
The video made one realize how damn good our eyes are as core instruments in daily activities.

So a scant four days later - we hit paydirt. Tuesday December 15th - we did a night mtn bike ride at Rose Valley. I even rode on the frozen reservoir. Fun - slick - a tad cold. You be the judge....

http://vimeo.com/8230497

 Then our daughter Ilana got her wish and used the Hero on her training day prior to a two day race at Apex Alpine in Penticton. I think she had fun. You be the judge.....

http://vimeo.com/8346055


We just had a perfect bluebird day at Big White - she had the helmet cam on again. Today too.
Will keep you posted....


Cheers,
Brent 

2 comments:

  1. Stupid? Certifiable? Brave? Yes, all of the above!!! As I watched my wife watched over my shoulder and I said WOW, these guys are nuts! Her response " you want to do that don't you??" Damn right!!! That is Epic! Hats off for that ride!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much !! Thought I replied to your message already - it didn't take.
    Just checked the psi pre-ride yesterday - I was on ~ 14 both wheels for that ride. So surprised I didn't pinch flat.

    Thanks for the words. New ski video up of Big White.....

    Enjoy
    Brent

    ReplyDelete