Monday, January 11, 2010

you think you've got cardio ?? think again !

Have purchased a pair of XC skate skis - aptly called MISERY STICKS. Why ? Well as my title eludes - one can never ever never assume the task is complete. Compound this exponentially when dealing with your fitness.
Strive higher - stronger - faster. Better yet for us mere mortals - associate with lung demons no matter your sport. If you can befriend or have friends that are that much better than you at the game - train as much as they'll allow you. Remember karma can be a real bitch - so extend the courtesy when you're approached by an entry level friend.



Telemark Night skiing January 5th - a rest stop at a junction

I've known for 20 years that XC skiing was the key tyo better cycling - did I do it ? No. Shitballs. But - so as to not go throught life feeling sorry for myself - I've finally done it. WOW. This sport is incredible. I cannot begin to describe the soreness in my arms and lungs after 5 solid sessions on the sticks. I plan to skate ski 2hrs this coming Thursday night and 4 hrs on Sunday. I'm going to enter a 30km Loppet on January 24th. I wont finish last - but it'll be damn close.

This video is from Sunday January 3rd. Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre. Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/8545741

Cheers,

Brent

1 comment: