Tuesday, March 2, 2010

p=mv

So - last post before heading to BOTH sides of the continent we call Australia. Perth, WA and Cairns, Queensland. Will try to post and post whilst going walkabout.

Sunday. Participated in my first ever Sunday Road Ride. Some very talented big engines in this town - reasons are too many why I've never rode in it before. Average an 80 km loop all over East Kelowna, Belgo, McKenzie Bench and Airport areas of Kelowna.

http://vimeo.com/9828166

So here it is for you to watch. The ride ? AWESOME. I really enjoyed getting spanked by the tandem boys. I tried like a bastard to keep up with them - couldn't do it. Then I remembered........

              p=mv                           Momentum = mass x velocity

In high school - this was a lost in the crowd equation - too simple. This video blasts the reality of this little equation through your brain like a shock wave. The chap Frank on the rear deserves a round of kudos. Getting off the couch brigrade - wants to drop a shitload of weight. He's out there - he's starting.

Too many of the boys cut out early to watch the men's olympic hockey final game. Poofs.
I'm more excited about our Cross Country ski results.

Men's 2 man relay 4th !!!!!!
50 km race - 5th ( off the Gold by 1.6 seconds !!!!!!!!! )

Watching NHLers is not something I'm gonna blow a ride off for. I like hockey - but I LOVE riding my bikes !!

The Total Restoration Cycling team did the Round the Lake ride - so some of the big engines were not in this ride. All said and done - a robust 110km ride for me - definitely a harder pace than I planned - but was expecting. 1/2 barf pace if you will. The sprints and sporting climbs left the downhill recoveries too short..........

Enjoy the video. Best of luck to all participants in Ironman China - coming up fast. Fellow blogger Bryan THE PAYNE TRAIN is trying to qualify for Kona. I've been enjoying his posts - his journey has been long and hard - let's hope his destination is as planned......

Power to the pedal

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment