Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Olympic Torch Relay

So - for a few of my 5 followers - this is old news. For the others - here goes. Yours truly was selected to be an Olympic Torchbearer. My magical day was one week ago today. 7:23 am on January 25th at Osoyoos BC. I was runner No. 10 out of 206 for that day.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

http://vimeo.com/9012504
The video says more than I can possibly write. A few things of note.

YES I was nervous - I only told our daughter - what 4 times ? - to pick me up at the Cultural Centre.

Pierre-Luc our handler reminded us that we were SELECTED by the merits of our application. It was not a random draw. He challenged us to do something with this. I am.

Since that day - I have been to two ( 2 ) Elementary School assemblies - with two more planned. At least 800 people have grabbed hold of our Torch. The more - the better.

What this life-changing experience has done is shown me that each and every one of us can make a difference in other people's lives. To see the school kids go crazy is priceless.

ENJOY - I DID

Cheers,

Brent

4 comments:

  1. congrats! what an honor to be part of Canadian history! Good to see you back! What is your next hard core adventure??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh - got a ski video in the Revelstoke Devil's Club Glades I'm working on. Was there this past weekend. Got a shiner from this skiing too !
    Besides this weeks skiing and running - got some ideas for this weekends mtn biking !!

    Will post videos by Wednesday at latest....
    Thanks
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats B. What an experience. Unbelievable. Like the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bryan. I think the experience was justified for the use of Ode to Joy ( and our national anthem ) !

    B

    ReplyDelete