Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Opening Day

My Torch & I have been busy bees in the last couple of days. Yesterday was us and 3 other Torchies at Lakeshore Place Retirement Residence for their Olympic Breakfast. Very humbling very cool. The senoirs loved it - and appreciated us bringing the Torches in to show.


January 25th ~ 11:00 am at Casorso Elementary. Lucky kids - the Olympic Flame wasn't even in Kelowna yet !!!

Today is kahuna day - for everybody. For me - Rose Valley Elementary School this am - room to room presentation - gym assembly - run around field. Plus two business stops - again in full regalia with Torch.
Then this afternoon is Raymer Elementary - same spiel - room to room - gym assembly.

Before today's date - I estimate that our Torch has been held by ~ 1200 people. Pictures ? At least 5,000.
The morning of my Torch Relay - Pierre-Luc reminded us that we were SELECTED on the merits of our application. He told us it will change our life - and challenged us to do something with it.

This sharing of the hardware has been so fulfilling - it is beyond words. The kids are so pumped to hold and grab the Torch. The questions are endless - and most creative.

I want to thank Jody Nelson - teacher at Casorso Elementary for asking me in late December if I could bring the Torch to the school assembly. It sparked me to share this special gift with as many people as possible.

I hope that many other Torchies are doing same.

Here's to a very successful Opening Day for the Olympics - here's to a spectacular day for everybody !!

Enjoy your day !! Pics to follow.

Cheers

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment