Saturday, February 6, 2010

Revelstoke K1 Race Jan 30th & 31st

I'm a tad late with this blog - the video took some time - but I did have it on FB and Twitland sooner. This photo is of our little ripper having fun.....Props and beer to Keith Nelson for lying on the snow for this shot !!



Ilana racing K1 Zone race at Revelstoke Mtn Resort

So here is the video to make sense of the madness. I'm really trying to expand my hack nature with new programs - but iMovie is the shit. Too many of my friends are saying my movies are too long - too fecking bad.


By the way - VIMEO rocks. I cannot fathom why YouTub is still around. Vimeo is free - and allows you to upload ANY size video file - HD too. The video is taken with my GoPro HD Hero helmet camera. This little puppy is waterproof - bombproof - jiggleproof. ENJOY.

One last photo to whet the appetite. This is another shot from Keith Nelson with the kids doing course inspection. I love the staged nature of the shot - the " in the moment " raw nature of it.



Anybody that has raced will appreciate this - it's when " you better listen HARD " to Coach plotting your lines, position, where to look next....

Off for a ripper mountain bike and - gulp - yes some work tomorrow. Will keep you posted on upcoming video shoots ( too many planned in my head right now ).

CHEERS

4 comments:

  1. man that hill looks awesome to ski down. I'm now thinking a skiing excursion after China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh Heh - Revy is a gem.
    Only 2.5 hrs drive North of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome video and as always look forward to the next! Thank you for your generous donation to the Ride to Conquer Cancer, it is appreciated by many for many generations to come! Keep ti to the pedal! See you in some back bowls at Revy soon! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries John on donation. I'm looking forward to your blogging bout cracking a double !! Take lots of pics - maybe even a helmet camera ?

    Thanks for the kind words on the vids. I'm trying to make them appealing to the K1 kids and adults alike. Then again - every time Jeff is around me - my guts are sore from continuously laughing.....

    Cheers,

    Brent

    ReplyDelete