Friday, November 13, 2009

Can it be done ?

Quick post this am. Just finished a casual tempo run with Trevor Haaheim and Shaun Bergen. Both of these dudes are incredible machines. Interval training with these two mates is a real kick in the head - either could dust me in half a second. As long as I do not slow the pace on the runs - the conversation is constant and interesting. Besides being accomplished runners - both are amazing cyclists. Riding road w Trev or either road//mtn w Shaun keeps me sharp and arrogant-free. I always want to be known as the over-enthusiastic cycling person. I value their friendship and fitness synergy.

So - my title. I have some odometer milestones on the 3 bikes. The mtn bike I want to roll over 2000 kms by year's end. It is going to take a Herculean effort to crack this. I haven't really been stressing about the milestone - or the amount required to crack said. I'm going to give this one a concerted effort - keeping in mind that work, family, and running will ultimately get in the way.

Instead of doing the Pub Run this Sunday - I'm going to get the Stumper out and see what kind of kliks I can muster. Tuesday Night group is talking 3 Blind Mice Penticton......we'll see.

Will keep you posted on mileage updates.

Road bike goes in today for new drivetrain - pretty candy for the 14lb rocket.

Cheers,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment